Sunday, September 5, 2010

SETTLED IN

It's been a few years since I was in this part of the world...actually my son Ryan was 14 and next month he turns 26, so several years. Certain things you remember once you arrive like: washcloths are considered a personal item so you are expected to bring your own (like a toothbrush), and showers have a hand-held faucet - which is not desirable if you are like me and enjoy having two hands free...but especially now with a broken wrist it really limits mobility and tests your skills. The keyboards are different also due to the language...the z and y keys are reversed and all the cap locks, and control shift keys are different...something to get used to.
When I got out of the shower my roommate was all bundled up...I was surprised and asked her why - she said the paper said it was going to be 20 degrees - I laughed and converted it for her and said you might be a little warm...it's going to be 70 today! Thank goodness I paid attention during math class when learning the metric system...
Last night my travelers slept well - just wish I could say the same. Three sleepless nights in a row...starting to run on empty. My roommate slept very well and didn't hear our neighbors every cough, sneeze and visit to the bathroom...I kept thinking: "Thank goodness they aren't on their honeymoon."
Well we are off to Bern, the capital for a full day of touring....more later.
Tracy

No comments: